VIRTUAL MARKET FAQ
HOW TO SHOP AT OUR VIRTUAL MARKET
How does the Virtual Market work?
- We have gathered all the Virtual Market stallholders into our Virtual Market directory. There, you can browse by product category and find the stalls you want to browse. You’ll see a button to access their site – it will open in a new tab.
- You can then browse their site and shop as you would on any online shop.
- You are shopping directly with the stallholder, just like if you found them via Google or typed in their web address.
- Please note: For the best/full shopping experience, we recommend browsing the Virtual market from a computer rather than a phone.
- If you are a regular visitor to our handmade directory, it may be best to refresh your browser or even clear your cache once the market is live to enjoy all the new information.
- Please disable ‘ad blockers’ before you start shopping.
Am I shopping on the stallholder’s site or the Handmade site?
- Think of it like our site is the shopping mall, and each stallholder’s listing is a shop inside that mall.
- You are shopping directly on the stallholder’s site.
- This means all questions/issues with shipping, promo codes, refunds etc. is the legal responsibility of the stallholder you are shopping with not Handmade Canberra.
If I have a problem at checkout, with quantities I’m ordering, promo codes, refunds etc. who do I contact?
- Contact the stallholder you’re shopping with directly, via their website. We’re the “mall”, they’re the shop inside that mall 😉
Some stallholders have a link to a Facebook or Instagram account, what’s with that?
- Yes – they may not have an online shop but are selling products via these social media channels. Take the time to have a read through and see the creative ways they’re using these channels at this time to still get their products to you.
Do I have to have a Facebook or Instagram account to buy from a stallholder selling on either of these platforms?
- Yes that would work best. But please contact the designer directly, not us, if you have a problem with that.
I have a shipping question. E.g. Do all of your stallholders ship internationally?
- Because you are shopping on each stallholder’s own website – you’ll need to find out each stallholder’s shipping policy individually. There is not one policy across all sites. You can contact them through their site or social media links if you have any questions.
How long does the market run?
- 9am – 9pm on Saturday July 11th only.
I love donating to the door charity on my way into the market. How can I still do that?
- GIVIT our door charity is listed in our Virtual Market as a “stallholder”. Find them there and they will gratefully accept your donations! Thank you.