TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is a condition of applying to The Handmade Market that you read ALL of the terms and conditions written here and put them into practice if accepted to the market.
Please note that priority is given to stallholders that attend the market themselves to trade and those that are not EVERYWHERE in Canberra already.
- All products offered for sale must be made in Australia. No Fair Trade items can be sold at the Handmade Market. If you do not produce your own designs please explain the process on your profile.
- For Handmade, adding packaging to a pre-bought product is not sufficient involvement. Stallholders who value-add to a product must provide significant creative input to the product and not just apply token additions. This will be closely monitored and if you are found to be doing so you will not be invited back.
- If you design your products but you have them made for you, you MUST let us know in your registration. We DO NOT accept Fair trade items for sale. If this is how your business is structured we unfortunately cannot accept you as we have had too many designers take advantage of this. This decision is final.
- Handmade is committed to promoting you on social media and has a significant following. Adding a button or link from your website/social media is not only smart and good for your sales, it is also a condition of entry to being a stallholder. Buttons and logos are provided in the stallholder resource area on the website . Your social media activity will be monitored while the market is being promoted.
- You are required to provide Handmade with at least one & up to 4 product shots that represents your brand. Any images you provide may be used by Handmade in promotional material.
- If you wish use Handmade images of your product on social media, you may do so withe a credit to Handmade Canberra. If you wish to use them to promote your brand independently of the market, you will need to receive relevant permissions.
- You cannot share stalls or sell another person’s items.
- Stalls cannot be transferred, sublet, franchised or sold to any other person, nor can they be shared without written approval from management. You do not own a space at Handmade.
- Any stallholder found confronting another stallholder for any reason will not be invited back. We do not tolerate this type of behaviour at Handmade.
- Only products listed and approved by the management on the current application may be sold. If you wish to add new items to your stall, a request in writing, with photos, must be approved by the management, 2-3 weeks before the market. This list is kept on file and will be used for spot checks. Please note that cans of soft drink may not be sold from food stalls.
- We open at 9am on Saturday (advertised to general public as 10am) & 10am on Sunday. Pack up time is 4pm on Sunday. NO cars are allowed on site before 4.15pm.
- No early pack up is ever permitted – there are no prizes for the first person packed up on Sunday.
- Stalls can be left set up overnight within the market venue. Please remove any valuable items overnight for your peace of mind. While there is 24 hour security, Handmade Market or the venue is not responsible for any items left overnight.
- Please note that once payment is made and your space is confirmed, there are no refunds if you cancel. There are no transfers or rollover of credit for the next market date. Written notification of non-attendance of an allocated market is required. Please contact us ASAP if for some reason you cannot attend. Please do not say you want to attend a market if you cannot afford to pay your invoice.
- All stallholders must present their stalls in a professional, stylish and clean manner. Bespoke stalls are the most effective way of displaying products. If you have trestle tables, they are to be completely covered by a table cover, crease free, and any boxes/packaging/suitcases etc. must be hidden from view and not impose on neighbouring stallholders’ displays.
- The minimum standard you should have on your stall is a large amount of stock, a banner or signage, business cards and a smile. Your branding must be on display so that shoppers can see who you are.
- Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the market. Any grievances must be in writing – do not confront another designer yourself – this is why we get paid the big bucks.
- Raffle tickets may not be sold unless pre-approved by us. Only approved flyers may be displayed on stalls. Please ask though as cross promotion can be a beautiful thing!
- Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site and surrounding area clean & tidy. Boxes & cartons must be removed from market area. Please do NOT use market bins – industrial bins are located near the loading dock for packaging etc. (not your lunch or a coffee cup). We have significant numbers at the market and the bins are only just big enough for general rubbish. If you are found to be leaving other rubbish you will be sent a clean up bill & not be offered another spot at Handmade.
- Stallholders must confine their displays to their allocated space. Signs and displays must be within this area. Please keep pathways clear for patrons.
- Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have a suitable fire extinguisher or fire blanket on site. Electrical leads must be tagged by a qualified tester every 3 months. This is your responsibility to maintain and will be monitored.
- It is the responsibility of the stall holder to trade in accordance with the Market, State and Local Shire regulations. Food stallholders must be registered with the market’s local council. It is your responsibility, not Handmade’s, that you are registered. It is also your responsibility to comply with health and hygiene guidelines outlined by ACT Health.
- It is the responsibility of the stall holder to ensure they conform to any Australian standards, ACCC, pertaining to their product. Handmade will not be held accountable for any trademark, copyright or safety infringement.
- Loud product promotion by stallholders is not permitted but dancing and interpretive dance is!
- The stallholder must have read and understand the mandatory safety standards applicable to their products and labelling. You can check this at http://www.accc.gov.au
- Handmade accepts no responsibility for damages to persons or goods, but we will be sympathetic and may provide a band aid if needed.
- There is a one off $35 admin fee for all new applications once approved, this covers the cost of setting you up as a new fancy pants designer with us.
- Your details will be removed from our system if you have received approval to sell, but not applied for a market within 12 months. Once your profile has been removed, you will need to put in a new registration in order to sell at the market.
- Handmade has the right to withdraw an offer to trade at any time. Handmade does not accept any responsibility for costs incurred.
- Handmade has the right to reject any stall holder whom they believe does not comply with the stated regulations above.
- If you are selling food, you have a personal requirement to meet any health and safety regulations.
Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom, that makes you super awesome in our books. We realise there is a lot of information here but most of it is just common sense, bring a little of that and you will be sweet!