STEP 1-Read the important seller information on this page. (That seems simple enough)
What is Handmade Canberra?
Handmade Market Canberra is a quarterly, award winning, in person market and we hold online markets as well.
We have an amazing Australian Made Directory for all our approved stallholders.
The Handmade market is registered with the Australian Made Campaign and we are a proudly all Australian made market.
Why should you join us?
The Handmade market Canberra is Canberra’s favourite food & design market. Each event is curated and celebrates the best of Australian made design and workmanship.
Attracting thousands of design loving customers at every event, online and in person, our passionate audience love supporting small businesses just like yours!
Handmade Canberra has been created by designers for designers, our team understand the needs of our stallholders first hand and will provide support & opportunities to maximise your success with Handmade.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be part of an award winning market
- Receive support of our friendly team
- Participate in an all indoor venue. Fully air conditioned and heated. Parking is included.
- Easy bump in and out, park right near the venue
- Stall holder networking on the Saturday night of the in person markets
- We have a dedicated install team to hire power, tables, chairs etc
- Receive opportunities to get front of our large social media following and email database
- Listing in the market line up on our website for each event that attracts thousands of website visitors
- Access to additional promotional opportunities
- A permanent listing in the Australian Made Directory that you can update at any time
- Access to our stallholder only Facebook group
- Discounts from our partners including Australia post, Winc office supplies and digital courses etc.
Criteria to join Handmade Canberra – Do you have what it takes?
The Handmade Market is a curated event. We are looking for designers, makers and producers that will be a great fit for our markets and customers. You do not have to have an ABN or be registered with the Australian made Campaign.
We have a strict Australian made criteria:
Handmade = of an original design, concept, and product of the seller’s making.
In Australia = Each product is made, developed and produced in Australia from Australian and/or imported ingredients or elements*
*Note: if imported ingredients are used, the product must meet the substantial transformation test
What will it cost you?
If your registration is approved there is a $100 yearly admin fee. Once the fee is paid you will get access to our resource area for stallholders.
For that you will receive:
– Listing in the Australian made directory. Your business listing will comprise of 5 pics, a 100 word bio, links to socials & website. Great for SEO.
– Join our community, private stall holder Facebook page. This is a very supportive page with updates, hints and tips.
– Discounts from partners like Australia Post, Winc office supplies, social media courses etc.
– Media call outs from local news and media.
– Apply for our online and in person markets. Only approved stallholders will be eligible to attend our events.
– We are a retail supporter of Australian Made Certification, that means we carry the Australian made logo on all our events. We also have hints and tips on getting accredited yourself!
– No need to re register for each event as your details are kept in your online profile.
In person and online market fees are additional depending on the events you apply for.
Please make sure you read the terms and conditions before registering.
You will be required to provide a $20 million public liability insurance certificate.
Food & drink stalls are responsible for the required permits for your products.
9am – 9pm market $150
In person markets in Canberra
3 day market Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Small Stall 2x2m – $750
- Small Corner + PLUS – $80
- Large Stall 3x3m – $960
- Large Corner + PLUS – $100
- Food Van – $1060
What our stall holders and customers say?
“A big thank you for your continued support of Australian artists, designers and makers and the opportunity to bring our love and passion for creating beautiful things to the Australian Community”Fibre Art In Australia
“I think the online markets have been amazing. I’ve bought from shops I wouldn’t normally buy from , and I am loving the variety.”Lisa K
“Thank you for keeping us all together during this upside down year. For reinventing the market to create a space for all of us, and keeping us connected to the wonderful community that keeps us going.”Eggpicnic
STEP 2- Get involved- Register
The next step is an easy one. Now you have read all the information, terms and conditions and fit the criteria just fill in the form… it’s that easy!
STEP 3: IF you are approved you will be sent the details on:
* your account log in
* Creating your business listing in our Australian made Directory. this consists of 100 word bio, 5 images and links to your social accounts & website.
* How to access to our retailer resource area with special offers and value added resources
* When they are open, invitations to apply for both market and online events.
* Access to our stall holder only Facebook group.
* How to pay your $100 annual invoice for $100
Registrations are normally assessed within 10 days and we do respond to every registration. If you do not hear from us please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org