We are proud retail supporters of the Australian Made Campaign. To sell at our live or online markets, our stallholders must sell only Australian-made, handmade goods, food and beverages. Read more below about our Australian Made policy.
AUSTRALIAN MADE INFORMATION
Traders need to meet the following criteria when attending the market, so Handmade can remain within the Australian Made guidelines:
All products for sale must be made in Australia:
*handmade – Of an original design, concept and product of your making.
**In Australia – Your product/s are made, developed and produced in Australia, from Australian and/or imported ingredients or elements.
Note: If imported elements are used, the product must meet the ‘Substantial Transformation’ test.
- We prefer the products to be made by the traders. However, if they are 100% designed by the trader and made elsewhere in Australia, we require details in the registration form.
- Finished products can contain components from outside Australia. For example, cocoa or coffee beans that are not grown here, or linen made from flax which is not grown in Australia. We have more details on this on our FAQ page. If this is the case, traders need to display details on their stall (see point 9).
- We do not accept Fair Trade items.
- If a stallholder is found selling imported items, they will be asked to remove those items from sale at the market, and may be removed from our trader list.
- Only the products listed on a trader’s application and approved by Handmade can be offered for sale at our market. If traders wish to sell additional products, we will accept a written request with photos up to 3 weeks before each market. We do spot checks during events.
- It is the responsibility of the trader to ensure they conform to any Australian standards (ACCC) pertaining to their products. Handmade cannot be held accountable for trademark, copyright or safety infringements
- Traders need to be aware of the safety standards that relate to their products and labelling. These can be found at https://www.accc.gov.au.
- Handmade understands that some components of a product cannot be sourced from Australia (e.g. linen from Russia to be screen printed in Australia). In this case, to meet with ACCC standards, the product should have a tag saying “made in Russia”, a sign must be on display in your stall at live markets and include this information in your product description online. This A5 sign can be downloaded HERE (printed in original blue or black only).