Mikhaila Pennell is a tea fanatic, who has brought a unique service to the people of Canberra. Tea Garden delivers exquisite teas to your door as a gift, or on a monthly or quarterly basis, opening your eyes to the most delicious teas in the world. On September 10 & 11 (10am-4pm), these teas can be found at Handmade. We asked Mikhaila our five questions:
PERFECT WINTER CHAI
- Always use freshly drawn water.
- Bring the water to boiling point and use fresh spices that are included in the chai blend you are using to make those flavours POP
- Once the room smells amazing and your spices have infused through the water (around 2- 3 minutes) add your choice of milk, we love to use Vanilla Soy
- When the milk begins to froth and rise bring the temp right down and add your chai tea of choice. If you are a Tea Garden Subscriber you may have a little Maple Chai left over or you can catch us at the next Handmade Market to get your hands on some more.
- Let the tea simmer for around 2 minutes
- Now add a little sweetness, honey is always a great option and strain into a cosy cup
- You can now sip happily on the most decadent chai you have ever made and keep warm this winter!