Tell us about your business
Delicious Skin is a range of beautiful, all natural, cruelty free skincare. I started the range after having troubles myself finding skincare that matched my ethics, but worked with my problem skin! A few years on I’m amazed at how many people I meet who are having the same troubles!
What’s the best thing about Handmade?
The amazing stallholders and stalls! I love coming down to Handmade, it’s such a great atmosphere and all of the people are so lovely. I’m lucky enough to travel with my partner so he can mind the stall while I take a look around! I joke that I always spend more than I make because there are so many beautiful things.
What are you looking forward to most about your trip?
We travel to Handmade from Sydney, and I always look forward to visiting Canberra. I can’t choose just one thing! I love how much the seasons change with every trip, I love the food and I love getting away from the big smoke! Even though it’s a weekend of work for us, it’s also a weekend of relaxation.
How do you keep warm in Winter?
This recipe is sweet and comforting, with a little kick! If you’re not using organic citrus, be sure to clean the peel thoroughly before using. I prefer to leave out the cloves, but they are traditionally used in mulled wine.
- One bottle red wine (I like a merlot!)
- 150g white sugar
- peel of one organic lemon
- peel and juice of two organic oranges
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 5 cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1 inch nob of peeled, diced ginger
- Place all ingredient except the wine into a large saucepan over medium heat. Ensure the sugar is covered, or add a dash of water if not. Cook for 4-5 minutes until it becomes thick and sticky.
- Add the rest of the wine and turn down the heat to prevent boiling. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly to infuse the spices. Enjoy hot with a slice of fresh orange and a cinnamon stick to stir.